TIRED OF LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE?
Want TO RECEIVE higher DRG Payments?
GAIN BACK MORE OF THE 5.75% VBP DOLLARS AT RISK IN 2016?
WHAT WILL YOUR HOSPITAL DO DIFFERENTLY IN 2016 TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED OUTCOMES?
What would be different if your hospital could earn back more of the 5.75% DRG payment at risk this year from VBP, Readmissions and HAC?
Value Based Purchasing is not new. Programs like HCAHPS were started back in 2002. Reimbursement incentive payments are now entering their 4th year.
So, why are 45% of hospitals still receiving VBP penalties and losing crucial operating dollars?
Well to start, the healthcare environment has dramatically changed with the shift from volume to value, reduced reimbursements, increased Medicaid enrollees, and fewer DSH payments. But you already know that. Chances are your executive team has been preparing for the change and developing the skills necessary to thrive in a Value Based Culture.
But what about the front line managers? The managers charged with taking the strategic goals of the hospital and leading the implementation on the front line to deliver reimbursement based outcomes? Consistently. How prepared are they to lead in a Value Based Culture?
The front line team has traditionally been raised through the ranks based on their clinical expertise. Their training and education has been in their clinical area of expertise: nursing, pharmacy, radiology, etc. And although those skills are extremely important to deliver quality, they are no longer enough. The environment has changed and the quality clinical skills of the past must now be coupled with the necessary business skills to lead a value driven, results based culture.
In light of the new Value based Culture, how prepared do you believe your front line team is to deliver results?
According to the The Conference Board CEO Challenge 2015, today, over 80% of corporations remain worried about the ability of their leadership pipeline to deliver.
It’s not that the front line management team can't deliver results, they simply require additional skills to lead in a results driven, value based environment. This culture change, quality coupled with value, in a results based culture requires a COMPLETELY different skill set for leaders in healthcare.
From our years of experience, this is one of the greatest missing links necessary to earn value based dollars. It's difficult to move forward if the culture is stuck in the old way of doing things with the belief system of "this is how we've always done it."
If your front line management team:
- Is not meeting metric goals
- Is not successfully driving their teams to deliver the hospital's strategic goals
- Is consistently inconsistent with results
- Talk frequently about strategies but fall short on execution
- Struggle with accountability
Time to put the brakes on and head in a different direction!
For years, we have been working with our clients to increase scores and work with front line managers to develop the requisite business skills to produce results in a Value Based culture.
For example, one hospital we worked with realized a 387% improvement in their overall hospital rating (0-10). And although we are really known for improving the patient experience, our clients have found that improving HCAHPS has a ripple effect on overall key performance indicators like Readmissions and HAC’s to further improve the ROI.
- “HCAHPS performance is more predictive of readmission rates than the objective clinical performance measures often used to assess the quality of hospital care.” (Boulding et al. in American Journal of Managed Care, 2011)
- “Reports of positive patient experiences have been associated with lower prevalence of inpatient care complications, particularly pressure ulcers, post-operative respiratory failure, and pulmonary embolism or deep venous thrombosis” (Issac, et al., 2010)
How do we partner with hospitals and front line managers to deliver results?
Historically we have worked with hospitals, on site, to create the infrastructure to deliver results. However, for years hospitals have been asking us for an alternative, affordable option for a few of their managers to be trained...
Which is why we are so excited to offer...(in addition our traditional on-site BOOST VBP Management Boot Camp conducted at hospitals for 8 or more frontline managers):
BOOSTS Year Long VBP MANAGEMENT BOOT CAMP
IN NEW YORK CITY!
The BOOST VBP Boot Camp is not a superficial one-day, "teach to the test training" designed to raise HCAHPS scores for the short-term, but instead, a year-long process where we work your front line managers to deliver consistent, sustainable results in a Value Based Culture. It provides managers with the required skills to deliver outcomes with the support and accountability of BOOST.
Now if you only have 1 or 2 Managers that can benefit from developing the VBP business skill set, you can send just those team members for the development program!
THE BOOST VBP MANAGEMENT BOOT CAMP IS A YEAR LONG PROGRAM WHERE YOUR FRONT LINE MANAGERS WILL:
- Develop the business skills to deliver consistent outcomes
- Learn specifically how to run a metric based strategy for sustainability
- Ingrain results based culture
- Create staff ownership to deliver consistency with strategic plans
- Hold staff accountable for expectations
- Manage with metric driven scorecards and dashboards
- Execute initiatives consistently
- Lead process improvements for patient efficiencies and value
- Incorporate metrics for all strategies to achieve goal attainment
WHAT EXACTLY IS INCLUDED IN THE YEARLONG VBP MANAGEMENT BOOT CAMP?
- Mentoring and Coaching of Front line Managers, for an entire year
- Pre-Program 30 minute Conference Call with the participants Leader to discuss Goals and Objectives for the Manager
- Completion of a Pre-Assessment data analysis to provide Historical Business Strategies for HCAHPS
- Delivery of Four (4) Live Seminars in NYC where Managers will Learn and Implement, with guided support, BOOSTs proven system, (the same one we’ve created and followed over the past 15 years) to deliver measurable improvements in HCAHPS to create the ripple effect on Readmission and HAC’s:
- Collaborative group from multiple hospitals in New York City (for as few as 1 manager from your hospital)
- Hold Manager's Accountable with Scorecard Metrics every other week
- Administer (20) Telephonic Coaching Calls for Guided Support of Manager for Successful Application of Skills
- Quarterly check-in's with front line managers Leader to discuss current quarter goal attainment and next quarters action plan
- Provide Unlimited email Support
- Offer (3) Additional Emergency Coaching Calls
- Participate in electronic Network with Other VBP BOOT CAMP Participants for Support
WHAT BOOST PATIENT EXPERIENCES CLIENTS ARE SAYING...
"There is no other program like this that I know of that has the complete hands-on guidance towards Patient Experience. Eileen and her team help you to really focus on driving the patient experience by taking it apart one bit at a time and really drilling down on the key drivers of the domains. The clarity and accountability that is driven through our coaching sessions and our on-site visit is exactly what was needed to help create sustainability and shift culture. It’s like I have a personal coach that I can connect with at anytime to discuss any barriers or push back that I might be facing or to talk through strategies and tactics that may need to be tweaked or refocused. Boost is truly my partner in this Patient Experience Journey and the fact that you sign on with them for a year is compelling. Most programs want to come in a just do a six week stint and send you on your way. Eileen and her team are sincerely and genuinely committed to my hospital’s success. Boost Patient Experiences is a game changer in the Patient Experience arena. I wish I would have know about them 5 years ago when I started. Don’t think about why you can’t do it, think about why you need and should do it!" (D.B., CXO, New York)
"I have found BOOST to be informative and in-line with current best practices related to patient experience, project and change management. Having a coach is useful to stay on track with our improvement plans. The weekly accountability is also a great way to stay focused!" (A.H., CNO, Massachusetts)
"I feel that the BOOST program has provided the valuable drill down tools that we need to be able to further our mission of exceptional customer service. You have given us the tools, which, coupled with our enthusiasm will catapult us into a higher standard and level of care! Thank you and we cannot wait to see what the balance of the year brings to us!"
(M.W. CXO, New York
HOW MUCH MONEY IS YOUR HOSPITAL LOSING IN VBP REIMBURSEMENT DOLLARS?
The focus on quality and value is here to stay. Investing in your team to learn how to lead with the skill set to deliver outcomes is crucial to the success and survival of hospitals today. Although 5.75% is at risk today, every year the percentage of risk will increase.
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION TO SEE IF THIS PROGRAM IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOUR HOSPITAL.
Complete our convenient online registration form to reserve your spot, and we’ll respond promptly to schedule a brief phone consultation with program details and next steps.